Saturday 14 February 2009

Bribery

I bought Nell a pack of liquourice the other day in the hopes of bribing her to be good. If she behaves and does what I ask her, I give her a piece. I will hopefully be using it to do some groundwork and with a little luck it will work. After all - you have to give a haflinger a reason to do something.

I'm sorry! No pictures yet again but I promise I will this week! I'm taking a couple of college mates riding so I will definately take the camera with me. Lisa, from what I have heard so far seems to be a good rider - probably about the same level or higher riding than I am. Jade is really a begginer. She says she can trot but I always expect the very least when people tell me about their ability. In other words, if you can just trot I believe you can bounce around the sandschool but most likely can't post. If you say you have cantered, I will believe that you have maybe learnt how to control a horse with basics and have had your few first short bouncy canters but not much balance. This means you set your expectations low and don't get dissapointed or frustrated. If they are better; Great!

We will be out and about on Monday as long as the weather holds out so expect pics either then or on tuesday.

No comments: