Sunday 25 January 2009

Things to do this year

I believe in making a list of things I need to improve on every now and then. It keeps me on track, gives me goals to work towards and makes my riding experience all that more enjoyable.
Here are mine:


  • Ride a different horse.

  • Get Nell standing quietly for mounting.

  • Be able to open gates on Nell.

  • Jump better. Nell cat leaps and I havn't jumped in a long time. We both need to improve our position/teqnique.

  • Jump 3ft by the end of the year.

  • Learn to lunge.

  • Work on reinback and turn on the forehand. Not for competing; Just very useful on hacks!

  • More riding without stirrups.

  • Stop Nell walking ahead of me and get her to turn away from me better.

Ill add more if I can think of any and try to find a widget that I can put on the side bar. Then I can see them all year round.

No comments: