Saturday 16 May 2009

Not enough of the warm stuff

So the sun has been hiding this week. Its been on and off showers and today we had 50mph winds! woop de doo! So no riding again today. I did go and de-rug the mares and chuck them some food though so not feeling quite so bad as if I don't go up there. Dad took me up there on the new bike. VERY comfy, you hardly feel any bumps. On the way back however it pissed it down and the winds suddenly picked up. For a brief moment it felt like the wind would knock the bike sideways and even on the back I could feel it pushing the bike across the road. Thankfully when you are riding pillion, you can hide behind the rider and only get partially soaked :)

Another thing I am missing is jumping. Real jumping. Not just popping a log in the woods, I want to get over some poles. The other night I had a fantastic dream that Nell and I were hunting. as we got to the first 4ft jump (yeah I can really imagine Nell jumping that high), I was scared but Nell sailed over it and after that I jumped every one feeling confident. Liz and Emma were in it as well strangely.

When I woke up I felt like I could have jumped the moon. Now though that awesome feeling of dream immortality is fading an me thinks I need to re-assess the goal of 3ft I set myself at the start of the year. Perhaps just going to a competition this year would be a start. ;) If I get that far, I'll have a go at the 2ft. Then if I'm happy with that then I may try the slightly bigger jumps. We'll see. As it is, the next R.E.C event is on 21st June - the same day as the college open day which I MUST attend.

The one after is on the 12th July. Thats a possibilty. Before that however we are taking the horses to tregurtha show for the in hand veteran and a fancy dress comp. hee hee.
I have a few ideas cooking but I shant let you know until the day!

No comments: