Wednesday 21 September 2011

The Project starts...

Finally, I have a project horse. He was an absolute bargain at just £400 although I've let myself in for something more than I originally intended.

So he's called Celtic. Or Kel. And we're passporting him as Celtic Flame.
He is a lovely 15hh, 5yr old bay appaloosa x cob. And he's a tad feral... He's insecure and I've certainly chosen a good one for my first breaking project. But he seems good natured enough. He's very nervous. They people who had him before did sweet FA with him from what I can tell and he's been nothing more than a spoiled field pet. He's never really seen anything and was fairly difficult to lead when we bought him back so there is going to have to be a major refresher course on manners and personal space. I havn't much time to blog tonight but I'll get a picture up soon. His conformation is pretty good and he moves nicely so somewhere along the line he should be a nice riding horse. For now though slowly does it.

No comments: